TREND WITH BENEFITS #HUEWAVE
Calling all artistes! Manish Arora’s SS19 show turned an 80s new wave look into a brave and bold hue-wave trend. Backstage, M∙A∙C Pros scribbled, sculpted and saturated the face with the Art Library: It’s Designer eye shadow palette to express a message that was experimental but ultimately classic – colour is here to stay! Here’s how to translate this fearless look IRL.
TIPPING POINT BY M∙A∙C SENIOR MANAGER OF MAKEUP ARTISTRY REGAN RABANAL:
1. Blend Pro Longwear Paint Pot across lids and up through creases with a 252S Brush. I recommend shades Soft Ochre for light skin, Painterly for medium skin and Groundwork for dark skin.
2. For a more wearable look using the Art Library: It’s Designer palette, define the inner corners of creases with Eye Shadow in Bright Pink and a 224S Brush.
3. Use the same brush to softly define the outer corners of creases with Eye Shadow in Darkroom for a halo effect of pink fading into purple.
4. Use a 239S Brush to press sparkles over the tear ducts and eyelids with a blend of Eye Shadows in If It Ain’t Baroque and High Concept.
5. Stamp Eye Shadow in Triennial Wave onto top lids with a 212S Brush for eye liner with maximum colour.
6. Open eyes and curl lashes with Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara.